Thursday, September 27, 2007

And on the subject of advertising ...

Ever looked out of a plane window and thought "gee, wouldn't it be good if someone put, say, an ad 20,000 square metres in size (that would be about the same as three football fields) down there so I can be persuaded to buy something?" UK-based Ad-Air is hoping that's the case with the new service it launched earlier this week in London. Its plan is to place large ads near the runways of the world's busiest airports - including London Heathrow, Paris, Geneva, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Abu Dhabi. The first advert will appear in Dubai next month and could develop to produce a moving image that starts each time a plane comes into sight and will be illuminated where local legislation allows.
Hey, I'd like to see that - which suggests that advertising just might work ... before I read this item on Reuters, I didn't even know that this was something I wanted!!

No comments: