Monday, November 08, 2021

All a bit trivial ...

All the Trivia we do has to pay off sometime. In today's quiz in the Sydney Morning Herald, we came across two questions we definitely knew - which came first, the fruit or the colour orange ... and what was Colonel Sanders given name.*

I was also happy at Trivia on Thursday night when the question was "how many points is the Green worth in snooker?". The mnemonic I had endeavoured to remember had stuck - in part at least. 3 is/was the answer! Really, you go (red, yellow, green: 1,2,3) ... and there is more but I can't remember it now. It was just as well the question was about the green ball because I have no idea about any of the others with scores above three! I may have to have another look at that.  We have been listening to an Audible book "3,666 Facts" and some of the facts are interesting and I think it's those that we comment on and talk about that have a chance of making it into memory. One of those facts was that a "tower" is the collective noun for a group of giraffes. It was good we remembered it because that was one of the questions at tonight's Trivia.

I think we are starting to play much better as a team - we were seven tonight and it certainly didn't feel like the incredibly hard work it has been. We tried a new seating arrangement and I think that helped a little ... but it could just be that we knew more answers this time. We managed equal 2nd, together with about three other teams. The winning team had one more point, so we were fairly encouraged by that.

* Fruit; Harland

No comments: