Thursday, February 10, 2022

Matrix

I was very much looking forward to the new Matrix - Resurrection movie, and I hate to admit it, but I was extremely disappointed with it. It's not often that I think about walking out of a movie, but I was prepared to make an exception this time. Even the person I was watching it with - who had been looking forward to seeing it even more than I, contemplated leaving. So what was it? The characters were familiar - Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and others - but the plot was slow and there were too many fight scenes with little reason or rationale. True, they were pretty amazing, but since they weren't integral to the story - well, not all of them - It reminded me a little of The Lord of the Rings movies - walk, fight, walk, fight, ethereal lady ... and continue. Of course, there is no ethereal lady in the Matrix - unless you count Trinity - but, did I mention, there was lots of fighting!

No comments: