Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Catch up posts

I have been blogging - just not posting ... so here are some I prepared earlier.

1/3/05
Blue Star Children. This is the topic of interest at the moment. The Blue Stars are apparently well-known but a quick internet search did not prove fruitful - until Sooz suggested I try Blue Star Energy instead. That worked and I've downloaded some information to read.
So why are the Blue Stars of interest? (I thought it was ''children", but I was wrong.) We were talking with a friend in Queensland the other day and he mentioned them. It struck a chord - I was sure I'd read about blue something or others - the product of aliens many years ago - not sure if they had left thelr predecessors on earth, or mated with humans to start the Blue Stars. Were the aliens from a Blue Star? What are the identifying features of Blue Stars? More to follow.

1/3/05
How many people out there freely volunteer their time and energy to help out others? And what motivates them to do it? We have a friend who is a "Justice of the Peace" and is currently personing a booth at a major shopping centre for two hours a week. People can come and get her to witness them signing legal and other documents. It's a great service - I know in Sydney you can never find a JP when you need one - and they can be quite useful. (And no, I don't understand exactly what the role of the JP is in our modern society - I'll have to ask.)


19/2/05
"If it's a giant whale, or a pirate ship, or a giant school of dolphins - okay - but if it's just rocks ..." so said Sooz as I implored her yet again (!) to look out the plane window at the passing scenery. We were lucky enough to be flying on a clear day, with good visibility and some stunning Australian coastline below us. But it was just a bit of a stretch with the aircraft we had to allow Sooz to easily take a look - but it's okay - because I took a heap of photos!

10/2/05
Has a frozen chicken landed on your house? If so, let Sydney's Daily Telegraph know. They are following the story of 2 frozen chickens that have landed on roofs of houses in the same Newcastle neighbourhood over the last couple of weeks. Latest theory (aka supposition) is that it may be someone with a gigantic rubber band/slingshot firing them skyward to see how high they will go. I'm interested to know how you would calculate the height.

No comments: