Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Mementoes

What mementoes do you keep? (Is that how you spell mementoes? Where's a dictionary when you need one?)
I was doing some filing yesterday and came across some old concert programs and tickets and wondered whether or not I should keep them as mementoes. And that got me to thinking about what mementoes other people keep. I've always been particular to photographs - especially since I moved to digital photography. But I also like physical, tactile mementoes. One of my favourites is a billiard cue ball - which serves to remind me that all things come to those who wait. Not that there was anything particularly brilliant about the circumstances of attaining it - a Monday morning on the way to work, and there it was sitting on the roadway (okay, it was actually in the gutter) outside the Telstra Building in Castlereagh Street. I have always liked billiard balls - they have a nice weight, and feel - and they probably remind me of something but I'm not sure what. So it sits in my middle drawer and from time to time I pick it up and play with it, and think wouldn't it be wonderful if I had another two of them - and I could juggle them (outside on grass and near nothing breakable!).

No comments: