Friday, August 19, 2005

Tammy - where art thou?

Having fly-away hair, I am always on the look-out for a good hairdresser. This chore is made just a little hardeer as I am not prepared to spend much on a haircut - so imagine my joy when I found Tammy, hairdresser extraordinarie at the local Just Cuts. She did a marvellous job - one of the best cuts I've had - and as she was brushing the off-cuts (sounds odds!) from my shoulders, face, arms I asked her what I should ask for next time I wanted my hair cut like that. (This is not that odd a question, because a haircut isn't just a haircut - the same as a coffee isn't just a coffee - to have coffee made the way I like it - and I am fussy - at the coffee shop downstairs from work, I have to ask for a large, one-shot, weak, flat - that's when Brendan doesn't make it for me - with him it's "the usual" or a large flat white weak and very hot.) So in answer to my question about my next cut,
Tammy writes on a business card - hands it to me, and says just ring to make sure she's there.
So, when it's time for the next cut, I ring the number and am told that
Tammy no longer works there; she's gone off to be a baggage handler with one of the domestic airlines! Great lot of help that is. Why would she do that? Why would anyone do that? (The other thing Jane - person answering phone - told me was that they were all excellent cutters at the salon - so I gave them another chance - and I'm happy to say that it's okay. I don't have to go searching the airports for my next cutter.

No comments: