Friday, November 25, 2005

Sticky tape to the rescue

From almost the moment I unpacked it from the plastic blister pack I suspected the design of the Palm wireless keyboard could be problematic. Now that I have lost the cover to the battery compartment, I'm sorry I didn't put sticky tape on before I lost it. It's harder to use the sticky tape to hold the batteries in without interfering with the way the rest of the keyboard functions, including opening and closing. It reminds me of an earlier design issue with an earlier model Palm which was powered by two removable batteries. When they included a sticker on the battery compartment cover so people would not take out both batteries at the same time, the paper width - not included in the design considerat ions - caused some Palms to not work! D'oh.
I'm hoping that the battery cover will show up - a bit like the 412 bus on a Thursday evening! - and sometimes I'm just not that confident about that either!

No comments: