Sunday, November 18, 2007

Coming out in the wash

Bliss is putting on the first ironed shirt in over a week. Yes, I know I'm not one that's usually given to ironing, but sometimes it's just nice not to wear a shirt that's travel-crumpled. Even if you have to iron it on a fold-out board that fits under the kitchen bench.
Mind you there is definitely need for the laundry police here at the moment. I had not done any at the last hotel so here's the pile waiting to go off today - with some trepidation given the last time I sent my shirts to a hotel laundry they came back several sizes smaller. So, luckily, all my current crop are drycleanable - and that's what they're destined for - although I'm not sure how much they'll be able to help the yellow shirt. It would be fair to say that this is the shirt that in a single day has had the most spilled on it - starting with some mango juice (spot removed), a cludge of sauce (spot removed) until finally this - and you should have seen the kitchen (who said that tops were always screwed on tightly) - which convinced me it was time for it to see the inside of a laundry.

No comments: