Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gas gauge

Gas is a big issue here in the States judging by the number of people talking about it. In fact, I've overheard more conversations about affording gas - and that's conversations not just comments - than any other individual topic including the Obama/Clinton political posturing. As I crossed the multi-lane highway on the way to work this morning, I realized that there is no easy answer on this one. Tomorrow I'll check to see how many of the hundreds of cars that pass by as I wait to cross (run don't walk or at the very least push forward briskly) the road has more than one person aboard. Sigh - another of the challenges of modern living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let them know they have it good - petrol here just crack $1.72 a litre (that's about $6.50 a gallon).

TK