Sunday, June 15, 2008

Google and me in the US

I love this feature on Google (via the iPod Touch) where you can press the virtual button and find out where you are. At the moment I am apparently near Milbrae, California, at the Airport - and amazingly I am. [It doesn't say that - you have to zoom out from where it has you located and work it out that way (if you don't already know).] This, of course, means that the San Francisco leg of my tour is now over and while here I was able to do everything I wanted to do (except perhaps Oakland Zoo) and was pleased to have had the opportunity of meeting with various people within the Company to network and chat about possible career options once I leave my present posting. That, being able to work face to face with the Project team, and finally being able to share a meal with US-based colleagues has made it a very satisfying, if tiring, interlude between Manila visits. (if you're reading, thanks F for making it possible!)

No comments: