Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ápple action

I was only out of the country for 4 weeks but in that time there has been much action on the Apple front here in Australia:' the Apple Store opened in Sydney; we learned the iPhone was finally coming to Australia (and of course my telco won't have it!), and TV shows are now downloadable via iTunes. I went past the Apple Store yesterday but didn't have time to call in (gasp!) but it looks awesome. Can't wait until they have the iPhone on display - although, I wonder if they will, given that it seems it will only be available through some telcos at this stage. Word is that the distribution model in New Zealand will be slightly different, where you can purchase the phone outright. Will be interesting to see if this does pan out - and whether, if it does, a trip to New Zealand is in our immediate future. Hmmmm. Of course, for that to happen, I'm going to need to know a bit more about the iPhone. If it follows the iPod Touch model in terms of text editing capability, I may not be enticed. (Seriously!) And certainly if I have to pay more for my mobile web needs than I currently am, I won't be able to justify the additional cost. (Seriously!) Roll on July 11 launch date!

No comments: