Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pic of the bunch

We visited Taronga Zoo yesterday, and I've posted a "few" of the photos on the travel pics site.



I took some of the pics with my new Panasonic DMC-TZ15 (purchased on Friday) which features 9.1 Megapixels, 3-inch screen, 10 x Optical zoom, and wide-angle lens. It also has something called "Quick Menu" which allows you to navigate (computer menu style) through a range of options including white balance, image size and others, based on which mode the camera is in. The only thing it doesn't have is a viewfinder - but this isn't an issue. Even in bright sunlight yesterday, I could still see the screen thanks to the various settings (one is even automatic) for adjusting the on-screen contrast. It also has a setting which allows you to see the image when you're holding the camera at arm's length in the air! Did I also mention that it's small enough to fit in your pocket and that it does HD video recording (although I haven't tried that yet - and a quick look at some review sites suggests the sound could be better - but hey, this is pictures)! I am going to have lots of fun playing with this over the coming months - especially since we have Western Plains Zoo in our sights in coming weeks.

No comments: