Saturday, May 21, 2022

Get those arms up!

I don't always believe what I read on the internet but I was hoping that this one was true. We've all had those situations - when you or someone with you laughs or does something just as they eat or drink and it "goes down the wrong way" leading to coughing and spluttering as you try to catch your breath. So I was happy to read that you could help fix this by raising both arms in the air to help clear the airways. I've been waiting for the chance to check it out and last night someone did the "wrong way" thing and I told them to raise their arms as someone else raced to get them a drink of water because we all know that can help. I am pleased to say that by the time the water arrived it almost wasn't needed - the arms in the air trick worked. No-one was as surprised as I: but apparently if you say something confidently enough people believe you know what you're talking about - even if you're just repeating something you read on the internet!

No comments: