Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The more things change ...

In George Street, Sydney, there is a Starbucks just near the cinema complex - and it's no different here in Shanghai. I have found a Starbuck (a most welcome find!) in teh Peace Cinema Complex - and even better is the news that it's only a short walk from my hotel - and it's open until 10pm in the evenings. On the strength of that, I have purchased a travel mug (that will teach me to leave mine at home to save room!) - but at least they gave me a free coffee in it.
This Starbucks appears to be a magnet for westerners, and people with laptops (only one of those in sight through - if I could speak Mandarin, I'd ask if there's wireless internet available here - not that that would do me any good since my lappie is back in Sydney).
However, I think there must be - and I think he has VOIP enabled - because he's just started a very spirited conversation with his computer!

No comments: