Monday, October 03, 2005

Censorship?

At lunch on Friday, D (you know who you are - and this is a matter of protecting identities!) was trying out the new Pocket PC especially its ability to recognise normal handwriting rather than having to adapt to the its graffiti. This is part of what she wrote: f Id I J 1X tuck Flick ftuck.
At this point you might be able to work out what she was trying to write (I am not sure why) but she just could not get the PPC to accept it. It truly was as though PPC knew swearing was involved and it didn't wish to be involved or encourage it! By the end I was laughing so much I couldn't see properly ... but D had prevailed - she had penned the first four letter words on my pristine and now no longer "pure" machine. Then she said she was sorry she hadn't done the "C" one as well and I told her not to worry because she would - and in other versions of this story, she does!

No comments: