Thursday, October 27, 2005

New technology

As l browsed through the Tandy Store in Leichhardt yesterday, I realised that I had reached the end of an era ... I shouldn't need to buy blank videotapes again! We have invested in a DVD recorder which will record onto its built-in hard drive, CD or DVD. You can even watch it while you're still recording - a feature they call time-shifting. Another wonderful thing is that if you record on the HDD you don't have to label the tape - despite my best intentions I am often quite undiligent about labeling which can make it just a little difficult to find programs. I'm sure there are a lot of programs that I really wonted to watch that I'll find as I take one last long walk through the mountain of VHS tapes secreted in various nooks and crannies throughout the flat working out which to record to the new media for future use. (Dead video tapes anyone ?)
(Only pity is I didn't know Strathfield Car Radios were going to drop the price another $100 this week. D'oh! Ah well, maybe it's not the model I purchased.)

No comments: