Sunday, August 12, 2007

Non-fast food

I knew it was possible to have your burger at McDonalds made up without lettuce. I didn't realise that you could also have burgers made to order ... say with up to eight meat patties and nine slices of cheesen - known as a "double-pounder". The burger has attain cult status after a video of a lad eating it was posted on-line. Nutritionists liken the double-pounder, which costs around $18 and isn't listed on the menu, to eating 45 Tim Tams - or five Pizza Hut deep-pan Hawaiian pizzas. (Would "Hawaiian" be legal in Scrabble?) You can also Have It Your Own Way with big big burgers at Hungry Jacks.
All this talk of over-the-counter food reminds me of a comment I heard the other evening as I waited (and waited and waited) to be served at the McDonalds outside Gatton, Qld: "I thought this was supposed to be 'fast food'".

No comments: