Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Paying for it

It kind of takes away the whole attraction of social networking on the net if you're expected to pay for it. Apparently there's a plan afoot to make Facebook users pay a fee - I'm not sure how that would work - would you pay on a per view basis, per device, per message or notification? And how will the marketing work given the application started out as and is currently free? Would it offer a "premium" service similar to the one offered by Hotmail (not sure if it still is) so you could have your Hotmail automatically forwarded to another account? Interesting times - especially as many ponder if Facebook would be worth paying for. Hmm - what do I use it for?
I've also heard about something else like this, is paying for a service that was previously free, but I seem to have blocked it out completely.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Luck of the Irish, I join a free site and then they start charging.
Maybe if I recind?