Saturday, May 07, 2005

No cross words here

I often get promotional emails from various Palm software vendors and sometimes there's a gem in there. A short while back one of them carried an ad for a crossword puzzle program. Now I just love crosswords and other word puzzles and games - and despite what anyone may have thought - this is one of the main reasons the Daily Telegraph is my hard-copy newspaper of choice - it's puzzles, especially the one with the anagram - suit me better. The pack, from BeOcean, came with a selection of sample puzzles (310) by various compilers (because not all puzzles are created equal) - and it's possible to download others free from the net (you just need to convert them to Palm format - using the converter that came with the Palm software). For all this I paid the princely sum of $9.38 Australian. I am one very happy customer – especially since the clues, hints and solutions are all included too! The puzzles from Thinks are great - a bit quirky, but definitely manageable - and if you have the time, and the right software on your computer - you could even do them online.

No comments: