Thursday, September 07, 2006

Blog pedantries

On occasion, when I'm reviewing previous blog entries I notice a mistake - could be a spelling error or grammer (that was intentional) or even that I've left the post as purple when importing it from my desktop - and I'm torn between going back and fixing it and leaving it "as is". When reading a friend's blog the other day I was intrigued to see that I'm possibly not the only one who goes through this - because the mis-spelling I'd noticed in one of her recent entries - understandable because she had been typing with her elbows at the time - had been corrected. But it raises the question - what is a blog and how should one be regarded - and do visitors go back over entries? For example, recent posts here have referenced earlier posts ... but would it be better/more cohesive to simply go back and update the original entry? Hmmmm.

No comments: