Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dilemma

On the way to lunch today I walked through the Pitt Street Mall and was not surprised to see buskers at work. What did surprise me, and perplex me more than just a little, was that the five black-suited dancers were twirling sharp pointy things - scissors - a pair in each hand. Now, I'm not saying they weren't competent or good, but it just seems that it is a slightly dangerous thing to do. Yes, I know there are people out there who juggle chainsaws - but most kids can't get a hold of several of them to practice. Scissors are a different thing. So, I was left with a dilemma - to kick in when the hat was passed - or walk away with my money still firmly clutched in my hand to protest the scissor twirling whirling dervishes. Yes - I walked away quickly before they were finished so I wouldn't have to decide!

No comments: