Thursday, September 07, 2006

... in the rain

It rained heavily overnight,and that's continued this morning. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't raining inside the bus as well. I'd been dripped on within seconds of sitting in my regular seat this morning and decided to move to the other side of the aisle. There was a leak there too, but only on one seat. Seat #1 seemed much more affected by the rock and sway of the bus. As we journeyed, I pointed the drip out to the new arrivals who went to sit there. And that's when I was reminded what a wonderful thing communication is. At one point I'd been reading and missed the couple moving into the seats - but I just looked up above their heads, and the man, sitting closer to me, looked up too - saw the water droplets - and shepherded his travelling companion out of the seat and further down the bus. It's also amazing to see that people do choose their bus seats - not sure how - but there were some people who were not the slightest bit interested in the "under leak seat" and immediately forged towards the back of the bus. How do you choose a seat on the bus (if you're lucky enough to get a choice)?

No comments: