Saturday, May 19, 2007

What I learned today

I often wish I had a little more time for surfing the internet because you never know what you will find out. Take today ... I started at antisf.com (reading some speculative flash fiction) and followed a link from one of the author's bios to their website. Once there, I had a look at some of his links - including Real Life Horror Stories - about the bombing of Dresden, and then Images. The image that intrigued me was of Ayers Rock aka Uluru - which I have often seen in photos - but never from the top and which I have always assumed was cigar-shaped (as noted by Andrew J Lloyd - whose website it is). And here's the more traditional view for comparison:
It would be interesting to know which side is shown here. I'm thinking top right of the triangle, but it's hard to know.

No comments: