Monday, January 07, 2008

Tree-Rex

I've been trying to find a word. It's the word for when you look at a cloud and can see a shape. I've been trying to look it up on the net and in dictionaries, but it's pretty difficult to find a word if you don't know what it is. I did have something to go on - I had seen it before (but alas, not copied it) and knew it started with a "p" and had something to do with seeing pictures in clouds. And that was finally what yielded the answer - "pictures in clouds" and Google. The word is PAREIDOLIA and a practical example of it, besides cloud, tree or rock charades, is the inkblot aka Rorschach test. And did you know that there are LOTS of websites with pictures of cloud shapes? Seriously, just do a search on "cloud shapes". I prefer tree shapes myself - which is how we came to see Tree-Rex on the drive back from holidays.

No comments: