Saturday, July 09, 2005

Grave concerns

Sarah Michelle Geller (she's the one standing!), possibly better known to some as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has such a phobia of real graveyards that producers had to build a fake one to film the second series (Peter Trute, Daily Telegraph, 8 July 2005). You know, I'd never for a moment questioned whether the cemetery on the show could be real. I guess I'd just assumed it was a set! Now I know it wasn't, at least for the first season, I feel slightly uneasy - and I'm not exactly sure why. It may have something to do with my own fear of graveyards- (wouldn't catch me dead in one after dark) or that somehow it's slightly distasteful to film in one as they ought to be sombre, respectful places - not quite the same as having back-flipping rowdiness and dusting of vampires as well as the whole movie-making entourage! Hopefully you're not going to get the latter without the former!

No comments: