Wednesday, July 27, 2005

How much news in your news?

How do you take your news - radio, television, newspaper, net? Leaving out those who answered "not at all" - how much detail do you like in your news? I use a service called Avantgo which downloads web content onto my Palm. Most of the sites are for news (ok I also get some jokes and movie info). This is a fantastic service but for me it's not 100% reliable. So I've been trying out another way of collecting web content - XML/RSS (really simple syndication) off the net - and it's not bad except it basically doesn't provide all the news story - usually it's a precis and link to the story detail. But I really like the detail. I'm in the middle of the Quick News software trial at the moment so I have 2 weeks of free use yet I'll have to decide between number of feeds (limited with non-paid version of Avantgo) or depth of detail! (Decisions, decisions!)

No comments: