Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Da Vinci Code

Despite (or in spite of) the “review” on the noticeboard of a church in Leichhardt (paraphrased: if you thought Church was long and boring … you haven’t seen The Da Vinci Code) we took ourselves off on the weekend to see the movie of Dan Brown’s (or was it?) book. We were pleasantly surprised. Even though the show was 2+ hours long, it didn’t drag. My only concern was that as I had read the book before seeing the film, I will never know if I would have worked out the location of the Chalice (and Blade) before Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon. I think I also spotted a couple of continuity errors – one with views from the plane coming into England … and I can’t remember the other one. Minor irritants. Would I line up to see a film of the next one (Angels & Demons) – probably – I’d like to see how the helicopter sequence.

And on things relating to art and Da Vinci, I was reading somewhere the other day that the last time the Mona Lisa was moved – just a few meters - it cost 3.2 million British pounds. It would be interesting to see the itemized account for that!

No comments: