Monday, June 12, 2006

Software

I spent part of Sunday doing a computer intervention. I went with Lizzie on Saturday when she bought an MP3 player at George'?s, York St, Sydney. I was a bit surprised when the phone rang? and it was Lizzie having trouble loading songs onto the new machine. But, alas, the phone intervention didn't work so I was booked for an actual intervention. And I have to admit the devil was in the detail - and I didn't like it. Why would you make your media player work hand-in-glove with Windows Media Player. Which is okay if you know about playlists and things, but not so great otherwise. Two-and-a-half hours later it was sorted - instructions written and tested. And music, photos and text installed on the MP3 player (which is a generic name of course). Phew.

No comments: