Friday, June 16, 2006

Feeling old

I have long been a fan of Alyson Hannigan (Willow Rosenberg in Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and was pleasantly surprised to see her in the ads for a new sitcom How I Met Your Mother ... or at least I thought it was her (I'm not really brilliant on face recognition), which is how I ended up on the IMDB site checking. It was her (she?) so I had a look at the page for HIMYM and that was when I started feeling old. Really old. Alyson's role as Lily in HIMYM is, as one person commented "her first adult role" and added that she was 31 (then, now 32). It could be that I've just started re-watching BTVS from the very beginning, filmed when Ms Hannigan was 21 or so, but she seems much younger.
I wonder how that is for people who have had careers in the visual media. Not like the rest of us who make do with home videos and happy snaps - they see themselves at an age, playing a different age, playing a different person. Wonder if it gets confusing for them.

No comments: