Saturday, March 07, 2009

Vegetable peeler 0; Swivel Sweeper 1

I purchased a new vegetable peeler the other day - one that slides on your finger and fits in the palm of your hand. And that should have been all there was to it - except that when I tried to peel on apple it wouldn't. Hmmm. Not very good; until I realized it was a vegetable peeler, and an apple isn't a vegetable. I have not yet had the opportunity to try it on a vegetable and I am actually a little hesitant because I don't want to know I wasted my $3-something, or that I'll need to take it back to the shop for refund or exchange. The good news is that I am absolutely ecstatic with the Swivel Sweeper - a carpet sweeper/vacuum clearer hybrid of sorts - and it's not just because it has "headlights": it works ... as long as you remember to empty the dust tray when it's full!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Downside - you have to use 8 hours of electricity to charge the sweeper's battery. Rather than just one hour of actual electricity usage for the cleaning job.

Karen said...

Alas, not absolutely true. A full battery charge lasts only 45 minutes - but I'm hoping the mere use of the swivel sweeper - done more regularly than vacuuming and for less time each session - will result in an overall saving. Starting monitoring now.