Thursday, May 22, 2008

Key to new technology

The only thing wrong with Mini (that's it at the back right) is that as well as being small everywhere else, it also has a squidgy keyboard, which makes it a bit difficult to do fast typing (8 finger and 2 thumbs vs 2 fingers - I was starting to get better, but not that much better) - and then I read about a bluetooth keyboard that could be used for all mobile devices - well, at least those using what mine are - the Palm operating system, the Windows Mobile operating system, and Windows. Bingo! Finally a device I could use with all my devices. And I have spent a little while this evening doing just that - and am typing this on the new keyboard which, I have to admit, is a little strange since the keyboard does not have to be in front of the screen. And even I have to admit that it's a much nicer experience being able to type properly rather than doing the "peck" but I can see there will still be situations where that may still be required. (Hmmmm ... wonder if it will work with the iPhone - just kidding T!)
The keyboard is the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Smartphones (and seems just about anything else) which I ordered last Thursday from amazon.com and which was supplied by Digital Media - who had it here seven days later with no special premium paid for postage. Very impressive product and very impressive service.

No comments: