Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Drink anyone?

I must admit I wonder about the cost of drinks at the Club - and they're subsidised - and I can't really imagine paying more than $20 for a drink, regardless of how special it is. So I wouldn't fare well at The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo where, according to Travel + Leisure, they sell the world's most expensive cocktail - at $22,600. It's called Diamonds Are Forever and as well as Grey Goose vodka and lime, it comes with a $16,000 one-karat diamond in the bottom of the glass. The drink is (or was definitely before CoVid) served tableside and was accompanied by a live band performing Diamonds Are Forever. The drink sans diamond would set you back $6,600 - so the Greygoose must be spectacular - and the band. It's not for me ... nor is the Ono at Las Vegas' XS Nightclub. It comes with a pair of silver cufflinks and an 18-karat white gold chain ... and no change from $10,000. Question: how much would you tip for a $10,000 drink ... or two?

No comments: