Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Walking away ...

There was not one familiar face at the local bakery this afternoon - yes, it's been a couple of weeks but usually there's someone there I recognise ... but not today. I asked if they were under new management and they said no. So why none of the usual faces? We've just had a lot of the old staff quit, one of them said. l'm sure there's a story there but I'm not sure I'm going to get it from them.  
I doubt that any of them would have quit quite like one person we know. While the boss was out to lunch, they left them a note saying "I can't take this any more. I'm leaving", and she did, and didn't go back.  We have all had bosses like that I guess, but some of us (that would be me) have never had the wherewithall to just walk away.

No comments: