Saturday, December 04, 2021

Windows 11

I was very excited to get the notification that I could download the Windows 11 Update onto the laptop (Lennie the Lenovo that is ... I'm still waiting  for word for the Surface Pro).  It took a couple of goes but in the end it finally downloaded properly and I was stunned to see that it has instituted a taskbar along the bottom of the screen, not unlike that on a Mac computer.  Some of the features and settings are definitely different but not so much so that it's unusable without a deep dive into the new system.  I know there's heaps more there which I will find as we progress past Day 1.  Then, hopefully, when the Surface Pro is able to be upgraded, it will be an easy decision to make ... it isn't always. That's why I'm glad Lennie's upgrade came through first ... I use Lennie mainly for TAFE study so it is stripped right back and not running any extraneous software - it has only ever had the Edge browser on it ... which is good since they appear to have made it a much better browser ... although I'm not sure I agree with Edge apparently now warning users about the dangers of downloading Google Chrome.  Apparently it will give a pop-up when you try to download Chrome and so it does... but for some reason I couldn't do a screenshot on the computer ... but there is always a way ... or maybe not !




No comments: