Thursday, December 20, 2007

Heavy load

I thought it was just me but apparently lots of people are carrying too much - with a suggested 2.4kg each causing cases of "bag back" for some women. The trend to carry more is apparently linked to the current fashion of large handbags. The bigger the handbag - the more room - and the greater the temptation to put things in. (I'll just point out that I really do need to carry my 4+kg of stuff - computer, computer accessories, water, poncho, ipod, camera etc - but I have done better in recent months - now that my phone has internet access, I'm tending to take it and a keyboard rather than the laptop if I'm just planning to do blogging or non-spreadsheet work.)
The report in The Daily Telegraph listed 22 items carried by one woman - which fell into several categories: keys, glasses, phone, iPod, money holders, cosmetic accessories, and a camera. If I had been online I could have taken their suggestion to go to their website and "See the stars who started the big-bag trend" - but somehow I don't think that was ever going to happen.

No comments: