Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Viigo - to go

The Windows Mobile newsletter arrived in the Inbox yesterday and carried news of a free software called Viigo. It's an RSS aggregator for mobile devices (ahem ... it allows you to download short news items directly to your phone). Since it was free it was the right price - since I often try software, and then become disenchanted with it for one reason or another. It downloaded easily enough and it seemed that no registration key was required. But try as I might, once the initial download of news was done, there's no way it's updating the pre-loaded channels or allowing new channels to be added. Something about a "user profile". Frustrating and bordering on infuriating. But ... there may be hope yet. It seems (and I could be misreading it here) that Viigo was developed for Blackberry and they're still perfecting the version for Windows Mobile. Hope they get it sorted, because on first view, it's quite a good little program.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

Thanks for checking out Viigo. Please contact me at jesse.sternberg@viigo.com so I can help you trouble shoot.

Thanks,

Jesse Sternberg
Viigo,
Product Manager

Deb said...

does that mean that I should download onto my Blackberry Kazbah? We may have to discuss this over a chai

D