Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Meat Meat

When you sat down to your lunch (or dinner) on Christmas Day, did you have cloned meat and if you did, did you know about it; does it matter? Some people think it does as America's two largest animal cloning companies are creating a registry of their animals. On reading that, I immediately thought "ah, they're making records of pets that have been cloned" but on reflection, I guess that may not have been their primary focus especially since the registry would, according to a report in Wired, also require that cloned meat be identified to customers. (I'm not sure I would want to know if I was eating cloned meat - or should that be "when"? May need to have a closer look at this engineered food field; the very structure of food may be changing.

No comments: